Now that we have learned how to open Microsoft PowerPoint, here we will learn more about the basic steps that you need to know in creating a PowerPoint. This is a step-by-step guide on how to operate MS PowerPoint
In creating a PowerPoint presentation – whether for school, reports, meetings, business proposals, events, and parties – it is advisable and highly recommended to make use of your slides. Placing all your text in one slide can be a mouthful and will be less appealing to the viewers. A good presentation is composed of enough text that the viewers will understand it and however many slides you wish to use, as long as you think it is necessary.
Usually, when you start with a new presentation, it will appear with one slide which is a title slide. After you input your title, you will need to add new slides for the content.
Here are some ways on how you can add slides:
1. Drag your mouse to the Ribbon, Click the New Slide tab, and choose the Office Theme of your Slide. The Office Theme consists of a Title Slide, Title and Content, Section Header, Two Content, Comparison, Title Only, Blank Slide, Content with Caption, Picture with Caption. You may choose which office theme best suits your needs.
2. Press Ctrl. M, by pressing Ctrl. M, it will automatically add a Title and Content slide, which is the most common slide theme.
3. Right click the slide on the left panel, choose “New Slide”. By doing this, it will also add a Title and Content slide.
You can choose and use whatever process you think will make your work efficient for a better, more presentable PowerPoint presentation.
If you have entered too many slides, you need not worry. The MS PowerPoint is user-friendly enough that you can add AND delete slides that you do not need anymore.
Here are some ways you can delete your slides:
1. Click the slide you wish to delete on the left panel and press Delete key or Backspace key. You can delete slides even if it is empty or blank
2. Right click the slide you wish to delete and clicking “Delete”. This process is advisable if you have to delete one to three slides.
However, if you need to delete multiple slides, you can do so by:
1. Click the first slide you wish to delete
2. Press and hold the Ctrl key
3. Click the next slide you wish to delete all the while pressing the Ctrl key. It will highlight the slides that you have chosen
4. Do this for the next however slides you need to remove
5. When you are done choosing unwanted slides, you can delete them by pressing the Delete key or Backspace key. Your slides will then be removed from your PowerPoint Presentation.